Mouth swab drug testing is becoming more popular amongst employers, which is why if you are a regular smoker it’s vital you learn how to pass an oral drug test.
There are several reasons why oral drug testing has become more popular, the great news is that if you understand what is involved in an oral drug test, learn some techniques if you have to participate in one, and know which products out there can help you to pass a swab drug test, then you don’t have to be fearful any more because an oral drug test is one of the easiest to pass if you are educated.
Why Saliva Drug Testing?
Saliva drug testing has become popular amongst employers because it is so cheap and easy to administer.
The reasons for this are:
- It is non-invasive
- It doesn’t require specialist lab facilities
- Privacy and embarrassment issues are minimized
- It is easy to administer
- It can be undertaken spontaneously on-site, or by occasion
- Results are obtained in just a few minutes
- It is cheaper than other types of drug testing to perform
- A saliva sample is usually hard to tamper with under the correct conditions
Probably the biggest reason for saliva drug testing being popular is its spontaneity. You can’t protect yourself against it if you are asked to produce a sample on the spot. So if example you were in an accident on machinery, you could be drug tested within a few moments of that happening.
It’s this random and unpredictable nature, mixed with instant results that make it so dangerous for anybody who is a drug user, even if they no longer under the effects of the weed, coke, or whatever.
Drug Detection Times In Saliva
If you understand how far back does a mouth swab drug test go, then you will be reassured at how easy they can be to pass.
If you are a weed smoker you’re actually going to have an easier time of it than if you do other types of drugs such as amphetamines or opiates.
There is good news and bad news when it comes to drug detection times in saliva. The bad news is that you will test positive for most drugs with a saliva drug test within as little as 15 minutes of taking them, making it very dangerous if you have used something that day.
But the good news is that drug detection times in saliva are relatively short:
- Marijuana up to 24 hours
- Cocaine up to 24 hours
- Opiates up to 72 hours
- MDMA up to 96 hours
- Alcohol up to 12 hours
So if you are told you are going to have to take a saliva drug test, understanding how far back a mouth swab drug test will go can really protect you. All you have to do is to make sure you abstain from taking substances for the relevant amount of time, usually for days or less.
How To Pass An Oral Drug Test
Not only can you pass an oral drug test by having a bit of knowledge about how long it takes for drugs to no longer be detectable in saliva, but you can also do some other completely legal things to help minimize your chances of failure:
- Eat a fat based meal an hour before your drugs test. In theory the fat will help to absorb metabolites (THC for cannabis) from your bloodstream and expel them more quickly.
- Speed up the rate at which toxins are being expelled by upping your fluid intake.
- Make sure you drink lots of fluids
- Using chewing gum, mouthwash or altoid mints can cleanse the saliva.
- If taking a swab under the supervision of a lab technician, try to ignore the instructions given or manipulate them to your advantage.
- Brush your teeth three or four times a day. Brush your teeth and using mouthwashes can massively increase your chances of getting rid of toxins.
In terms of being able to manipulate the actual saliva swab test itself. This situation exists if you are given the swab to collect the sample yourself, rather than somebody else doing it for you.
The standard practice to stand the best chance of collecting a positive sample is to swab along the gum line between the teeth and the lining of the mouth, along the bottom row of teeth. Alternatively, a swab will usually be taken from under the tongue, or close the tonsils. Basically anywhere where toxins could be more likely to be trapped.
So you should avoid swabbing along the gum line because toxins can get trapped there. This also applies between the teeth. So taking the sample from a flat part of the mouth can really help to minimize the number of toxins that could be caught in the swab.
Oral Clear Can Help You Pass A Swab Drug Test
The other thing that clever users do is to carry a piece of Oral Clear gum with them.
Oral Clear is the only high quality saliva cleansing gum on the market. It’s a very powerful weapon against failing an oral drug test because it is so discreet and instantaneous to deploy.
All you have to do is pop it in your mouth discreetly and chew it for about 30 seconds and then swallow it. Your saliva will then be neutralized for up to 30 minutes.
Especially when you could be pulled over at the roadside and given a saliva drug test, just having that single capsule of Oral Clear could be the difference between passing a drug test and years of misery.
You can purchase Oral Clear from Testnegative.
So the bottom line here is to do the following to pass an oral drug test:
- Understand how long toxins stay in saliva and try to minimize exposure.
- Make sure you use legitimate means to get your saliva as clean as possible.
- If possible manipulate the drug test itself.
- Use Oral Clear saliva neutralizing gum to discreetly neutralize your saliva on the spot if possible.